Wireless earphones have actually been around for a while, but it’s just been in the previous couple of years that quality has actually gotten high enough for discerning listeners to consider using them. Lots of makers, for instance, have actually turned to infrared (IR) innovation for cordless signal transmission, which powered the Turtle Beach X4 we took a look at last year. In general we felt the IR radius was a bit narrow and we really disliked the fact that they didn’t work well while utilizing a plasma TV.
The Turtle Beach X41 earphones are essentially the very same item, but instead of utilizing an IR signal, this headset takes advantage of an RF (radio frequency) to offer wireless audio. A couple of hiccups and a significant rate tag, the X41s are one of the finest wireless gaming headsets around. While the Ear Force X41s are developed with the Xbox 360 in mind– they include a detachable microphone and connections for chatting on Xbox Live– the earphones will in fact provide persuading surround noise from almost any home theater source, thanks to their built-in 7.1-channel Dolby Digital processing.
The Ear Force X41 earphones include two primary elements: the cordless headphones themselves and a base station that houses the majority of the needed jacks. The base offers you the alternative of either utilizing a digital audio connection or an analog signal via a set of stereo RCA cables (red/white). That implies that they will work with basically any audio source– anything with an optical digital output (such as a DVD player or the Apple TV) or standard analog line outs (basically whatever). You might quickly use the X41 headphones with a PlayStation 3 or Wii, however simply do not anticipate to take advantage of voice chat– that’ll just deal with the Xbox 360.
Setting up the Ear Force X41 earphones is fairly simple. For Dolby Digital processing, you’ll use the included 7-foot optical cable to connect your Xbox 360 (or another digital source) to the “digital in” port on the transmitter base. If you’re likewise using an AV receiver and surround speakers, do not fret; there’s a digital out port for passing the signal on, so you don’t need to constantly plug and disconnect in wires whenever you want to play utilizing the earphones. The Ear Force X4 was a rare and fantastic item, the only Xbox 360 cordless surround sound headset to incorporate voice chat efficiently into the mix. Now the sequel, the Earforce X41, is even better.
The Ear Force X41 is our high-grade XBOX 360 headset including 7.1 channel Dolby surround sound, XBOX LIVE chat and a digital RF wireless connection for crystal-clear video game audio. Integrating impressive convenience with a stunning 360 degree noise field and enhanced online interaction, the X41 puts you in the middle of the action so you’ll enjoy a video gaming experience that’s second to none.
Playing your favorite XBOX game with the Ear Force X41 resembles having a “trump card” in your arsenal. You’ll get a competitive benefit by hearing sound cues that you can’t hear with speakers, such as the soft steps of an opponent slipping up behind you, or the click of a filling weapon far in front of you. By hearing sounds others cannot– and by knowing where they’re originating from– you’ll react faster and take them out prior to they take you out.
– Great virtual surround sound, great separation of video game audio and chat audio, comfortable
– Incredibly comfy, Dynamic surround sound, Chat function works excellent, Excellent battery life
Editors Didn’t Like
– Relies on AAA batteries
– Steep price, Some interference
– Dolby Digital 7.1 Surround Noise with your preferred games and DVD motion pictures
– Dolby Pro Reasoning IIx recreates full-range special impacts in surround channels
– Digital RF wireless technology offers CD-quality noise and clear reception
– Extra-large 50mm speakers Chat Increase dynamic talkback lets you hear chat when the game gets louder
– Gets rid of video game noises picked up by chat mic
– Independent manages for game audio and chat volumes
– Mic tracking permits you to hear what you’re stating
– Hear XBOX LIVE chat plus video game sound
– Heart-thumping bass boost includes sonic realism
– Digital input for the very best Xbox noise – analog input for other audio sources
– Digital RF transmitter uses a single USB connection for power